Seeking a full-time Ultrasound Tech to join our Radiology department. Qualified applicants must be motivated self-starters with strong organizational and computer skills and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy. Must be a dependable team player with the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with patients and co-workers in a positive and professional manner. Requires initiative and ability to prioritize workload and manage time effectively. Previous medical office experience preferred.
Job duties include:
- performing sonograms including Ob/Gyn, abdominal, vascular, small part scans, breast; assisting in fine needle aspirations, breast biopsies and other necessary studies, working closely with physicians.
- positioning and preparing patients for exams
- assessing patients throughout procedures and responding to patient’s needs as appropriate.
- completing appropriate documentation for each study performed
- demonstrating knowledge of universal protocols and use professional judgment and critical thinking skills when performing procedures.
- monitoring and evaluating the quality and appropriateness of care and identifying opportunities for improvement through collaboration.
- Registry by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers required.
- Abdomen and Ob/Gyn certification is preferred.
- One year of experience is preferred.
Daytime hours, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. This position is a full-time position at 36 hours per week. Hours are Monday through Thursday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am – noon.