Credit & Collections Clerk
Mowery Clinic is seeking a full time Credit & Collections Clerk to join our team. Our mission at Mowery Clinic is to provide quality medical care. We strive to create a partnership with our patients that promotes health and well being in all phases of life. Employment at Mowery Clinic offers daytime hours, no weekends, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Counsel patients in person and by phone to resolve account balances.
- Answering Incoming Calls for account balances, processing payments, setting up budget payments, and assisting offices within the clinic with their questions.
- Helping patients that walk in with their questions or concerns about their account balance.
- Work on past due accounts. Reviewing the account, calling or sending out past due notices.
- Assist with returned mail, consists of calling patient/ guarantor, checking with hospital or referring physician’s office to obtain an updated address.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with account holders in a courteous manner.
Education and Experience:
- Previous medical experience required
- 10 key experience preferred