The maintenance technician position, under limited supervision, performs work of routine maintenance; performs related work as assigned.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and repair all clinic facilities and property. Includes minor electrical, plumbing, lighting, etc.
- Assist with light cleaning duties outside the scope of the contracted cleaning service.
- Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates, supplies and equipment to and from clinic departments, clinic buildings, and other locations as required.
- Sweep walks & parking lots, rake leaves, snow and ice removal and perform other incidental seasonal tasks.
- Gather dirty laundry and transport to central location for pick up for laundry service.
- Contact and schedule vendors and contractors for necessary building repairs that are outside the scope of routine maintenance.
- Maintain a schedule of when maintenance has been performed and when next service is due.
- Work in a safe manner and recognize unsafe situations. Take appropriate action to ensure safety of self and others in clinic buildings.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must have at a minimum two years maintenance experience
- Detail oriented
- Positive, problem-solving attitude
- Ability to function in a team oriented environment
- Walks, sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves continually during working hours. Is subject to lifting over 50 pounds.
- Possibly flexible working schedule
- Maintain a pleasant work atmosphere by fostering positive relationships with coworkers, patients and all others interactions with during employment.
Successful candidate will also possess:
- High energy levels
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to be a team player and work autonomously
- Strong desire to continuously improve